Cher Prayers For This World Video (2017 Cries From Syria)

Sunday, March 05, 2017

Cher News Bids Farewell

After five years, 500 posts, 2,500 comments and almost 2,000,000 views, I am sad to announce that I will no longer be hosting Cher News.

I started running the site back in August 2011 with its first news article declaring that "Cher Has 300,000 [Twitter] Followers" -- a far cry from the almost-3.3-million that she has today.

Back then, I did not even own a computer. I did not even have proper internet access. I created and ran Cher News from my mobile/cell phone, using the internet that came with it -- which cost me a bomb! (Luckily, there was a handful of Cher fans that donated to help me cover costs.) In retrospect, it is devastatingly obvious the site was made on a phone!...

Cherthelatest
Cher News, September 2011

By February 2013, I had (literally) found an old computer and thus Cher News looked a little better, with its 'Biography', 'Albums', 'Singles', 'Films' and 'Tours' pages added, still running from mobile/cell phone internet though...

Cher News, February 2013

Lo and behold... I had secured myself a decent job by October 2013 and bought my first laptop. And thus, Cher News began to look a little more polished -- like the one we know today...

Cher News, October 2013

I have enjoyed running Cher News, and am proud of its success. Even in the five and half years since running it, I have seen many fan sites come and go, and have seen the self-sabotage of one. But not only am I proud of the fact that I wrote the majority of my articles -- especially the earlier ones, when I had more time on my hands to -- but also the little things:

The 2,000,000 page views is staggering and beyond my expectations. The 3-thousand Facebook likes and the 2-thousand Twitter followers, also. Plus the 2,500 comments -- and I know what a pain-in-the-ass it is to post a comment on this site!

Most pageviews by month:
September 2013 -- 96,000
September 2016 -- 91,000
October 2013 -- 81,000

Articles with most pageviews:

Back in 2012, Cher News hosted a poll to find out Cher fans' favorite Cher songs, before posting the top 100 results. I then made a very mediocre -- poor even -- video of the results for the (equally mediocre) Cher News YouTube channel, and it got 140,000 views!

And Cher News has been on the receiving end of some funny tweets from Cher:



Of course, Cher News is the parent of my The Cher Bible books, which have helped me in life. I recently shared the story of how the books came about on the The Cher Bible Facebook page:

I became a Cher fan at a very young age. Even though I am only 25 years old now.

My father was a big fan of Cher – he had records, movies and concerts of hers, so I was always exposed to Cher my whole childhood. However, it was whilst watching Cher's performance of We All Sleep Alone on her Live At The Mirage video that I became really hooked – I wonder why!

I do not know where that moment fits into my timeline, but my first memory of being a “die-hard” Cher fan comes from after Sonny died. Cher was all over the newspapers, and I remember doing what many of us die-hards have done – cutting out her photos and making a scrap book. I was only 6 years old!

Cher plays a large part in my life. Me and my Dad bonded over our shared interest in music. I remember him buying Believe, the single, on cassette, and playing it excessively! Around this time, he bought me Cher's autobiography, The First Time, for Christmas. It was my first proper book – and I still have it today.

The first single I ever bought was The Music's No Good Without You. The first album I ever purchased was Living Proof.

I was not a privileged child or teenager – not by any stretch of the imagination. But I managed to get my hands on most of Cher's CDs and videos. I would visit a second hand music and video shop in my town centre almost every Saturday, and often come away with something that would make my week – a VHS of Faithful and the VHS of Live At The Mirage were my highlights.

In August 2011, I created Cher News. A fan site. I was 20 years old. I had no computer. I created the site on my cell/mobile phone. Looking back, I am not sure how I even achieved that. Later on, I managed to find an old (very old!) computer, which made running the site a little easier – however, I still did not have internet access other that that on my cell phone, so I had to get technical and connect the two devices. The site was a success. And many Cher fans even helped me out, giving donations – after all, it was costing me a bomb to run a Cher site through cell phone internet! In 2013, I got my first laptop – and proper internet access!

Fast forward to late 2016, and Cher News has over 500 articles – most of which are original articles – and is nearing 2,000,000 page views.

In May 2016, I got the news that my Dad had died. I was working in a call centre at that time, and I went straight back to work, hoping that the news would not affect me. I got a caller named “Graham” on the phone – the same name as my Dad – and I broke down in tears. I was sent home. I did not want to face that job again. And I wanted time off work. Someone else offered me a job, I was unsure, but took it anyway. After a month, I wanted out.

I could not face work nor people. Me and my Dad were not even super close. But his extremely unexpected death put things into perspective for me – in a bad way. I became a hermit. I stayed at home. But I have rent to pay. I needed to make money somehow. I needed to get out of a slump somehow.

Then a lightbulb appeared above my head – the idea to write an eBook, and dedicate it to Dad. That's what I did. I wrote about Cher. All of this book. And released it. Luckily, Cher fans – mostly the faithful followers of Cher News – purchased it. Then many demanded that I release it in paperback – which I was unsure about, after all, I did not deem it good enough for a physical release and did not have the know how. But I did, and have had a great response. And the more I take a look at The Cher Bible, Vol. 1: Essentials, the more I am happy with it. I appreciate everybody that has purchased it.

Once again, Cher has helped me in life.

Why am I stopping Cher News? Before my dad died, I already had depression for almost a year, and his death just cemented it, and I haven't been the same since. I'm at a bad point in life. And whilst I love Cher, and her fans, Cher News has become a chore and a pressure somewhat. So have the books. I have written one page of The Cher Bible, Vol. 3 in two months -- and they're my only income! ($2 per book). Maybe Cher News will be back one day -- I have taken breaks before -- but from the bottom of my heart, I doubt it.

I want to thank you for visiting and supporting Cher News. ❤❤❤❤❤

ind2k_hope_202.jpg

28 comments:

  1. I'm very sad to see you go. You have given us the most up to date news of anywhere online. I wish you the best Daniel. Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sad to see you go. Take care and best of lick to you. Thank you for the years of Cher info.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry. Best wishes to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to see this end..best info out there. Wish u the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sad there will be no more Chernews!! It's been my go to place for what's going on. I actually think it's an amazing resource and you have done amazing work here! I had no idea it was just one person on their own!! Well done! I'm sorry to learn of your loss. Keep on going, it does get less hard. Thankyou for all your Cher work. I'm off to order the books now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello. Sorry to hear this. But I completely understand. I lost my Mother five years ago December 08. I have not been the same since. And doubt I ever will be. Then this past Dec 14, my brother died very unexpectedly. The same week as my mom's passing. God Bless you. Please do the best you can with each passing day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  7. You provided us with the best up to date news on Cher! Please stay!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have enjoyed your comprehensive Cher coverage for many years!! Thank you for every minute of your effort, it's very much appreciated :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sad that you decided to quit. I love your site and I started my day with it!
    I wish all the best to you, Daniel! I support your every step!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so sad about that. I hope you will feel better soon take care of you. It was a nice journey with you. Take care Angel

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sad to see you go. You will be missed

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you Daniel for doing such a great job. I sure wish YOU worked for Cher. You would do such a great job. Your father must have been proud of you. I do hope you come back to us because you have given us so much wonderful Cher News!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am sorry to hear the loss of your father and my prays ang thoughts go out to you. I am a Cher fan and your updates of cher are amamzing. I am Cher fan since the Sonny and Cher Comedy Hour days. You have alot of friends here so if you check in or decide to bring back Cher news. We BELIEVE in you. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Acabo de enterarme que cierras CHER NEWS, es una gran pena.
    Yo administro una pagina llamada CHER PERU, y entiendo porque cierras, pero tu sitio web era una de las Ășltimas pĂĄginas que brindaba noticias constantes y detalladas de Cher. Realmente es una pena. Pero querĂ­a agradecerte por todas las Noticias. Muchos Ă©xitos.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dear Daniel, I have been upset that you are quoting doing this fantastic cher news site as it really is the best website to find out the latest news on cher. When I read your last statement and the deep reasons why your quiting I just new I hat to send you a message. You have great carear prospects and I hope it all happens for you with your Book Writing and talents. I will be purchasing your books soon. Take good care and I will say a special prayer for you. Best Wishes Paul

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am so sad right now Daniel. This is truly an amazing news blog. I hope to see you up and running again some day (with my magical thinking!). I totally get it about the pressure to keep it up. Stay in touch!!! I will miss these posts!

    Mary (CS)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Even after closing down Cher News, you posted the video for Prayers For This World so thanks again. I had not seen it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Dear Daniel - thanks so much for everything! I wish you all the best! Greetings from Brazil, be strong!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I really miss your site but hope you are doing OK!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Mad About Celebs was created to keep you updated with the latest news on your favorite celebrities. We can’t get enough of it! And if you are anything like us, you have to know what’s going on 24-7. Whether it be entertainment, news, sports or fashion, Mad About Celebs, got it covered! Don’t waste your time anywhere else! More Info: http://www.madaboutcelebs.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. voodoo spell has amazed me as I have seen results from everything he has done for me, often quite fast. While I have been to other spell casters who I believe tried their best; voodoo spell simply is the best, being truly gifted and having written the book on it. In addition, his integrity truly sets him apart in the field as he has told me several times I did not need a spell when he just as easily could have said I did. He is a truly kind and generous person who took time out on a weekend recently to help with a difficult ongoing case for me which brought him no personal gain. His work resulted in an all out miracle with a man I have been in love with for two years. voodoo spell rocks!. i so much believe in this man here is the contact in case you have any problem, dr.abalaka@outlook.com, God bless

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi,
    I really appreciate your inputs on my situation Dr happy and what could I do with-out you. Thank you in advance.
    I was in a relationship with this guy for the past 1 and a half year.. We became close real fast and were very serious about each other… he’s German and was in the country for her internship.. he left after first 6 months and came back after a couple of months.. he said that he had come down for me.. WE started living – in.. We discussed faMILY, KIDS, future, moving to EU together.. everything was going good until of last August when I started to get jealous about his moves, I got controlling and things started to get worse.. we spoke about it a lot of times where he expressed how he felt but I was not able to understand why I was doing that.. During our discussion I would always say I did .. This February he called it off and since then I have been a mess.. I gave it a lot of thought and realised my mistakes and why I was doing it.. I tried talking to him .. begged him.. pleaded him .. but he says that he has lost all his feelings for me and would never get back to me..I was in my knees praying looking for help, them i fine a comment online how a spell caster help to restored relationship get ex lover back, ” so i decided to give a try coz i love my boyfriend so much. so i contacted Dr happy http://happyspelltemple.webs.com/ tell him all my problem and he gave me 100%guarantee that i will have my boyfriend back after the spell so i was gifted and lucky to have contacted him i did every thing he ask of me and to my greatest surprise a day after the spell my boyfriend call me and apology for what he did to me and ask for my forgiveness to come back again for me, we both are happily living together again plz Contact him urgently via.........
    happylovespell2@gmail.com
    or add him on whats-app +2348133873774
    Junia Noel from USA

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi,
    I really appreciate your inputs on my situation Dr happy and what could I do with-out you. Thank you in advance.
    I was in a relationship with this guy for the past 1 and a half year.. We became close real fast and were very serious about each other… he’s German and was in the country for her internship.. he left after first 6 months and came back after a couple of months.. he said that he had come down for me.. WE started living – in.. We discussed faMILY, KIDS, future, moving to EU together.. everything was going good until of last August when I started to get jealous about his moves, I got controlling and things started to get worse.. we spoke about it a lot of times where he expressed how he felt but I was not able to understand why I was doing that.. During our discussion I would always say I did .. This February he called it off and since then I have been a mess.. I gave it a lot of thought and realised my mistakes and why I was doing it.. I tried talking to him .. begged him.. pleaded him .. but he says that he has lost all his feelings for me and would never get back to me..I was in my knees praying looking for help, them i fine a comment online how a spell caster help to restored relationship get ex lover back, ” so i decided to give a try coz i love my boyfriend so much. so i contacted Dr happy http://happyspelltemple.webs.com/ tell him all my problem and he gave me 100%guarantee that i will have my boyfriend back after the spell so i was gifted and lucky to have contacted him i did every thing he ask of me and to my greatest surprise a day after the spell my boyfriend call me and apology for what he did to me and ask for my forgiveness to come back again for me, we both are happily living together again plz Contact him urgently via.........
    happylovespell2@gmail.com
    or add him on whats-app +2348133873774
    Junia Noel from USA

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hello,

    Hey guys my wife and I have been married for 15 years. For over five years I have been dealing with jealousy issues because of flirting and her having emotional type affairs with other men. I felt like my masculinity was in question and if I said the way she was acting bothered me, it seemed to make matters worse or I was accused of being controling. During this period I did state I wanted a divorce if the behavior was not going to end: texting men a night, leaving for the weekend without letting me know where she was going or not responding to messages. We do have a son and basically it's been him and I for the last year on the weekends. She disconnected completely from being a good wife and mother. In April she said she wanted a separation and I said no we need to get into marriage counseling. We did try that, but she was not very responsive and didn't give any effort. Afterward she was adamant about separation and divorce. I continued to say no and that we needed to save our family. She presented a separation agreement and I had to hire a lawyer. Because of the above behavior my lawyer suggested a private investigator. The investigator discovered my wife was having an affair with a close friend of the family who also is married with children. We know the extended families. I feel like I should tell this man's wife about what happened. This adultery has devastated me emotionally, I feel betrayed and I'm physically drained. I know my wife is passionate in terms of her sexuality, and I can't get the thought of them out of my head. It makes me question my own manhood, and I feel very inferior or that he must be a better lover or what ever. The problem is my wife pursued him. She would go to him and she lured him into this adultery. I felt this was coming for some time and could not stop it. She was not only lying to me but also to our son about what she was doing and where she was going. My family is important, my son loves her and as crazy as it sounds so do I. Can you respond with a course of action on how to proceed? I was still have a very huge place in my heart for her. so i searched for help online and I came across a website that suggested that Dr Ahmed can help solve marital problems, restore broken relationships and so on. So I felt I should give him a try. I contacted him and he told me what to do and i did it then he did a spell for me. 28 hours later, my wife came to me and apologized for the wrongs she did and promise never to do it again. Ever since then, everything has returned back to normal. I, my son and my wife are living together happily again.. All thanks to Dr Ahmed. as it is a place to resolve marriage/relationship issues, do you want to be sure if your spouse is being faithful to you or Do you want your Ex to come back to you Contact.: E-mail: Ahmedutimate@gmail.com or call/Whats-app: +2348160153829 save your crumbling home and change of grades its 100% safe. I suggest you contact him. He will not disappoint you.
    David L. Ollis, 43yrs, UK

    ReplyDelete