Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Cher's Makes A Surprise Phone Call On 'The Ellen DeGeneres Show'

Cher and Chaz
Cher made a surprise phone call to 'The Ellen DeGeneres Show', on which Chaz Bono was appearing as a guest.

Chaz Bono, the son of Cher, has recently appeared on the Ellen DeGeneres Show to talk about competing on the new season of 'Dancing With The Stars'. During the recording of the episode yesterday, the 42-year-old received a surprise phone call from his mother.

Cher spoke about Chaz's sex reassignment surgery; "Chaz and I actually talked about this several times over the years and then nothing happened. And in one way I thought, 'Oh God, this is going to be so terrible. She is going to have to go through so much.' The way he's handled himself - my child is a wonderful child."

The pop superstar defended Chaz as she directed a message to the people who have objected to him appearing on the show; "If you got that excess time and that amount of hostility, I'm not so sure that I can say anything to you that would make you change your feelings. I don't know that I would have any magic words to make you feel more comfortable and to soothe you into not being terrified of my child dancing on Dancing With the F---ing Stars."

Chaz spoke about his dancing on the show; "My first dance is pretty good now, the cha-cha. The quickstep gives me nightmares, but I'm starting to feel pretty confident. We did it for some of the other people on the show today and they seem to really like it."

Cher quickly added with a laugh: "I got to tell you something. You doing this dance is about as scary as you making 'the change.' "

The episode will air today.

No comments:

Post a Comment